1. Read the TL;DR requirements summary.
2. Read and sign the Wank Policy post
3. If you have any questions, check out the Info, Rules and FAQ posts, and if you're still not sure, feel free to comment asking for clarification.
4. Fill in the sign-up form below (you may sign up for up to two teams, however we encourage you to choose only one. More detail in the info post).
5. Join and watch this community.
6. If you are signing up as a captain, wait until you get confirmation from us and then follow the instructions on the Captaincy Post
7. Join your team community. If your team already has a community, it will be listed below. If not, keep an eye on this comm and we will let you know when it is created.
8. Await further instructions. At ease, soldiers.
For a team to be entered into ship wars, it must gain at least 4 members and a captain. Teams that do not fulfill this criteria will be represented by Team RarePear.
We will post weekly updates on the status of the teams, letting you know which teams require more members and which ones do not have a captain. If your team needs more members, you could encourage your friends to join. If your team needs a captain, consider changing your sign up to be a acting captain (however, do not do this if you are not committed to captaining for the rest of the rounds if it becomes necessary).
Important Notice: No new teams are being accepted. If you would like to sign up, please sign up for one of the teams in the list below.
Username: This one is pretty self explanatory.
Team Preference: You may sign up for ANY SHIP, even if no one has previously signed up for it. OTMores are acceptable. You may also sign up for Team RarePear, Team Crackship or Team Demon (if you wish to read and vote but not send in submissions). If you are signing up for two teams, put them both here.
Back-up Team: If your first team preference doesn't gain enough members, you have four options.
1. ALTERNATE TEAM: If you would rather join a different team should your first preference be unavailable, please specify it. You may specify as many preferences as you wish, however your last one should be either "Team RarePear", "Team Demon" or "None" so we can assign you if none of your other preferences are available.
2. TEAM RAREPEAR: If you join this team you will still be able to write the ship you originally signed up for, as well as any other ship that does not have its own team in the challenge.
3. TEAM DEMON: Choose this if you only want to submit for a specific team but would still like to participate in Ship Wars as an audience member should that team be unavailable.
4. NONE: Choose this if you do not wish to participate in the challenge should your other preferences be unavailable.
Captaincy: Each team will need a captain. For more on the role and duties of a captain, see the Captaincy Post. You have three options regarding captaincy when signing up.
1. YES: Choose this if you wish to be a captain. Captaincy is awarded on a first come/first served basis, so the first person to sign up with a definite "Yes" on this will be made Team Captain. Please state if you are willing to captain your back-up teams.
2. NO: Choose this if you do not want to be a captain.
3. IF NECESSARY: Choose this if you are willing to be a captain, but would prefer not to be. In this case, we will assign you the role of 'acting captain'. If, at the end of sign ups, no one else has made a captaincy request, we will promote you to full captaincy. During the sign up round, we may require you to create a community for your team and begin taking sign-ups for submissions to specific rounds. If at any stage in your acting captaincy you wish to be promoted to full captain, we will do so.
Anything else we should know? Anything else that you think is important should go here.
1. Post an entirely new comment in an entirely new thread. Do not edit or reply to your previous comment unless neither of your mods has replied to it yet. Please use the same lj account you signed up under.
2. State that you have already signed up but wish to change your information.
3. Clearly state what you would like to be changed.
We will try to be accommodating in this but please make an effort to get your sign up right the first time. If you need to make a change, let us know as soon as possible. Thanks.
(Also listed here)
igrab (Acting Captain)
empresstria (Acting Captain)